Do you minister to children and are ready to be encouraged, learn new games and techniques, and also have a chance to win awesome resources? Are you seeking more ways to reach and teach kids in your ministry? Are you getting excited about volunteering in a children’s ministry? This is the conference for you! This FREE, inspirational conference has national-level speakers, breakout sessions from established ministry leaders, in addition to opportunities to build your network connections. Call your friends, sign up, and get ready to reach and teach more kids for Christ!
Vacation Bible School Ministry Specialist, LifeWay
Melita Thomas is the new face of LifeWay VBS. While she is new to the position, she is not new to LifeWay’s VBS. Melita has appeared for years on Lifeway’s set and decoration videos—teaching us all how to use foam and a hot knife to create fantastic sets and backdrops. In addition to using her creative skills to construct over-the-top sets, Melita has served as editor of preschool resources, Worship Rally materials, Decorating Made Easy, Zip for Kids, and led in the development of KidEvent Pro. Melita is a member of Nashville First Baptist Church where she teaches preschoolers and preteens and sings in the choir.
Minister of Adults, First Baptist Church Hendersonville, Tennessee
A native of Texas, Jerry is a graduate of Southern Methodist University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. For 20 years he served two churches in Texas as associate pastor and minister of education where he developed a passion for ministry with 60+ aged adults. From 2006 to 2016, he was the national Vacation Bible School leader at LifeWay Christian Resources where he initiated a training process each year that resulted in over 60,000 leaders being trained annually. Prior to church ministry, Jerry served as a media relations representative for the Attorney General of the State of Texas and worked in the family newspaper businesses. For relaxation, Jerry enjoys traveling, leading training conferences, experiencing new restaurants, hiking and exploring the many Tennessee State Parks, and not least – Disney World.
- Guiding Behavior in the Classroom
- Group Time and Beyond
- Getting to Know Preschoolers and How They Learn
- 11 Ways to Encourage Worn Out Leaders
- 3 Signs of a Healthy Children’s Ministry
- How to Lead a Child to the Lord – You’ve Got What It Takes!
- Planning and Organizing Student Ministry
- Family Ministry Field Guide
- Everybody’s Mission: Practical Tips and Resources to Help Kids and Families be on Mission
- How to Reproduce Yourself — You Cannot Do the Job Alone!
- Urban Ministry: Working with Children in Poverty
- Embracing Your Role as the Minister of Event Planning
- Taking Your Ministry to the Yard
- Speak as a Child
- Best Practices in Safety: Protecting our Children and our Congregation
Vacation Bible School*
- Leadership for Pastors and Directors
- Bible Study (Grades 1-4)
- Bible Study (Grades 5-6)
- Recreation & Snacks
* VBS breakouts use LifeWay’s Galactic Starveyers curriculum.
8:15 AM • Registration
8:45 AM • Preview of Family Night Games
9:00 AM • Worship Rally and Opening Session
9:30 AM • Breakout Session 1
10:40 AM • Break
11:00 AM • Breakout Session 2
12:10 PM • Lunch and General Session with Jerry Wooley, Prizes Announced
1:30 PM • Breakout Session 3
Click below to register for this event!