Annual Homecoming 2009
The SBCV 2009 Annual Homecoming was hosted November 8–10 at First Baptist Church, Norfolk.
The theme was "Pushing Back the Darkness through Evangelism" based on Acts 19:10.
Read the Baptist Press article about the event.
- Daniel Akin, speaker
- Gray Allison, speaker
- Tom Elliff, speaker
- Tim Hight, speaker
- Jay Dennis, speaker
- The Nelons, special music
- Lorenzo Jackson, special music
- Marc Ivey, special music
- Paul Randlett, worship leader
Business reports from the meeting are attached at the bottom of this article.
- Download a copy of the 2009 Book of Reports for a complete grouping of all the business reports.
- Vision 20/20 - Rev. Carl Weiser, Chairman of the Vision 20/20 Team, presented the Vision 20/20 report on Monday, November 9. The report was enthusiastically adopted the same afternoon.
- 2010 Ministry Investment Plan - On Monday, November 9, Dr. Doyle Chauncey presented the 2010 Ministry Investment Plan to the messengers of the 2009 Annual Homecoming. The plan was adopted the following day during the morning business session.
- 2009 Resolutions Committee Report - On Tuesday Morning, November 10, the Resolutions Committee presented four resolutions to the convention. These were immediately adopted.
Revitalizing Your Church Breakout Powerpoints
Download the PowerPoint presentations for this informative and challenging session from the attachments to this article. Includes powerpoints from the following:
- Stewart McCarter, Southside Baptist Church, Suffolk (email@example.com)
- Rusty Small, Liberty Baptist Church, Appomattox (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Greg Pulling, Hopewell Baptist Church, New Kent (email@example.com)