Disaster Relief Readiness Items 2014
June – July
Disasters do not normally give us much, if any, warning. They come in many forms – hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires, earthquakes, etc. It takes time for the national relief organizations to evaluate the needs and successfully help people in need with supplies and clean up. We want to be prepared to respond immediately with a plan that will get families back on their feet.
That is why we have designed this SBCV Hands-On Mission Project. We are collecting Disaster Relief Readiness Items. Once we have these items collected, we will have a preparation day where people can come and help us pack buckets with these items in them. The buckets will then be stored and ready for distribution at the next disaster.
Specific items that are needed are listed below and can be purchased at your local home supply store:
- General Purpose Duct Tape
- Leather Palm Gloves – Multi-purpose – large & x-large (single or multi-pack)
- Cleaning Gloves – Latex or non-latex – large & x-large
- 39-Gallon Drawstring Construction Garbage Bags
- Mold Test Kit
- Reversible Tarp – Blue/Green – 8’ X 10’ minimum – 5 millimeter thick
- Safety Glasses with Side Shades
- Tyvek-style Basic Coveralls – large & x-large – purchase from paint stores
Please ship items to the address below no later than July 31st. If you prefer to deliver the items to the Support Center, there will be a FinditHere.com trailer in the parking lot that you can place items in at any time. There is a lock on the trailer; if you need to deliver items after hours, please call the SBC of Virginia office during business hours to find out the combination.
SBCV Ministry Support Center
4956 Dominion Blvd.
Glen Allen, VA 23060