One great way to extend the ministry of your church and church staff while also mentoring and investing in future church leaders is through ministry internships.
Churches are often under-staffed to meet the growing needs of their congregation. Traditionally, the intern was thought of in terms of a summer youth worker, but our internships are not limited in ministry scope nor are they restricted by time.
- Churches can host an intern
- Students may serve as interns
- Churches may apply for SBCV Summer Intern Scholarship
- Churches may apply for a North American Mission Board (NAMB) Student Missionary
Looking for Intern Profiles?
For intern profiles, contact your regional church health strategist. (You can find a list of church health strategists in the related article at the bottom of this page.)
Churches Intersted in applying for an intern scholarship
To apply for a summer intern scholarship please review the "Summer Internship Information 2014" document at the bottom of the page. To complete the application please follow the link below. The deadline for churches to apply is March 1, 2014. Churches will be notified by March 14, 2014 if they have been approved for a scholarship.
Students Interested in Serving as Interns
Students who are interested in becoming an intern need to provide contact and personal information, experience, ministry interests and time frame by completing application.
Unlike NAMB, the SBCV does not place students in ministry, therefore your profile generated from this application, along with others, will be sent to requesting churches for consideration. Individual churches will pursue interviews and extend ministry opportunities to students directly.
SBCV Summer Intern Scholarships
Partial Scholarships may be available to SBCV Churches who host a summer intern. The Summer Intern Scholarship Program is made possible through contributions from SBCV churches to the annual Vision Virginia State Missions Offering, therefore funds are limited and will be distributed based on the priority of need and are not guaranteed. Learn more about the program here.
SBCV Summer Intern Scholarship applications will only be accepted if submitted within the deadlines of the year to which they apply.
NAMB Student Missionaries
NAMB places high school, college and seminary students as missionaries to accomplish the following purposes:
- To challenge students to respond as “On Mission” Christians, both now and in future vocations
- To utilize the skills, interests, and abilities of students in meeting mission needs related to the six major mission objectives of NAMB
- To help students discover their interests and aptitudes for mission service
- To provide practical leadership experiences in missions that result in training potential future mission personnel.
Visit answerthecall.net for more information.
*Please review all documents below for more information.1673