In some cases, the SBCV can give financial aid to ministerial students completing their seminary education who have a genuine financial need. The aid is limited to the payment of tuition, and applicants are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Statement of belief
- Evidence of commitment to the local church
- Evidence of the call of God in his/her life
- Financial need
All final decisions are made by committee.
In addition to the above criteria, applicants must meet the following requirements to be qualified:
- Applicant must be a full-time seminary student seeking a master's degree.
- Applicant must attend a seminary owned by the Southern Baptist Convention or a Bible college/seminary that maintains a conservative, evangelical statement of beliefs consistent with those held by the SBCV.
- Applicant must be a member of a participating SBCV church that has given SBCV Cooperative Program funds during the calendar year.
- Applicant must affirm a belief in the most recent Baptist Faith and Message Statement
Financial Aid will be awarded on an annual basis, and applicants must complete and mail a re-application form to the SBCV for each year that aid is needed. Recipients must maintain an academic standard of at least a “C” average.
Please read the requirements (above) and, if eligible, download the financial aid application (or re-application) for ministerial students. (These files are attached to this article.) Print and complete the form and mail it to the address listed.
Applications must be postmarked on or before April 1st in order to be considered for any financial aid, either for the entire school year or for any of its semesters. Incomplete applications will not be considered, and applications will not be accepted for Summer Sessions.
Please read the above paragraphs carefully to understand the terms of the financial aid.
Completed applications and re-applications should be sent to:
Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia
Attn: Seminary Financial Aid
4956 Dominion Boulevard
Glen Allen, VA 23060
If you have any questions, please contact the SBCV office. Applicants will be notified of action taken by the SBCV.