Each church is encouraged to hold their own state-level Bible Drill, and the SBC of Virginia will mail awards and certificates to you.
Scoresheets, verses, and other resources for children and youth bible drills are attached at the bottom of this webpage. Please be sure to download these for your needs!
YOUTH SPEAKERS’ TOURNAMENT
Participants should be High School Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors who are members of an SBC of Virginia church.
Participants should prepare and deliver a 4-6 minute speech on their selection from the current list of official topics. (See “Topics” below.)
Participants should record their speech via video while delivering it in their home church or in front of a live audience.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
Video entries due by
May 1, 2019
Please submit a video link to your speech uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube.
The entry should be submitted to Cindy Middaugh, firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before May 1, 2019.
Judges will determine the winner and runner-up by May 31st.
- The Bible: God’s True and Reliable Word (2 Peter 1:20-21)
- Powerful Prayer (Ephesians 3:20-21, Ephesians 6:18)
- Dear God, Please Use Me (1 Peter 4:10)
- Lying Without Consequences? (Genesis 3, Proverbs 13:5)
- Resting on His Promises (Romans 8:38-39, Psalm 121)
- An Everyday Missionary: Me (Colossians 3:17)
- A Shining Light in a Dark World (Matthew 5:14-16, John 13:34-35)
- A Challenging Commandment (your choice) (Exodus 20, Matthew 22:37)
- Not by Works of My Righteousness (Titus 3)
- Creation vs. Evolution: What I Believe
- Forgiveness (Mark 11:25)
- Controlling the Tongue (Jeremiah 9:8)
Winner receives a $500 scholarship to the college of their choice provided by the SBC of Virginia.
AND A CHOICE OF EITHER OF THE BELOW SCHOLARSHIPS
Liberty University SBC Scholarship
*Recipient will receive this $16,500 tuition-only (over the course of 8 consecutive semesters at LU and is not stackable with the Champions Scholarship). The recipient must be enrolled full time as a resident undergraduate degree-seeking student, maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
Northeastern Baptist College in Vermont
A 4-year work study scholarship
**Recipient will receive payment of tuition and fees (not including room, board, and books) in exchange for 20 hours of work per week in their assigned job during normal semesters. The recipient will retain the scholarship all four years of NEBC’s undergraduate program as long as he/she fulfills his/her work requirement and maintains good academic standing.