Two Opportunities for Students This Summer
Join us in Washington DC or Bristol this summer and give your students an opportunity to engage in missions.
Highways & Byways
Luke 14:23 “And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled.’” (ESV)
What is Fusion?
Fusion is a mission-oriented camp experience designed to engage students in mission work and will model what strategic mission activity looks like by partnering with local churches in their ongoing ministry efforts.. Fusion outreach activities include things like servant evangelism, children’s ministry, sports and recreation ministry, light construction, and more.
Goals of Fusion
- Engage students in the continuing work of the Great Commission.
- Come alongside churches to assist them in their Great Commission work.
- Bring much glory to Jesus through the cooperative efforts of Fusion participants and churches.
A General Schedule:
- Worship and preaching times led by SBC of Virginia ministers
- Church group time for devotions and debrief
- About 6 hours mission work
- Some free time
Accommodations can range from air mattresses on the floor to dorm style bunk bed, depending on the location. In each case, males and females will be housed separately and each church will provide their own chaperones, one chaperone per 10 kids for each gender.
Church groups will eat breakfast at the host location and pack a sack meal to take with them to the project site. These meals are covered by the registration fee. A third meal will be enjoyed as a church group at local restaurants at your own cost.
SBC of Virginia staff and college age interns will be on-hand to provide leadership for mission projects. Church chaperones will also be present throughout the day to ensure safety and participation.
Church Registration Fee: $300.00
- Early Registration: Until April 17 – $90.00 per person
- Registration: April 18 – May 22 – $110.00 per person
- Early Registration: Until May 22 – $90.00 per person
- Registration: May 23 – June 22 – $110.00 per person
Register by clicking below.