SE MI Flood Recovery Project – July, 2015 – August 31, 2016
Mission and Impact
Last fall volunteers cleared debris from more than 600 homes and left behind doors that are
open to Southern Baptists and spiritual conversations. Community leaders and residents are
expressing deep gratitude that Southern Baptists are returning to assist residents with repairs.
There are opportunities for church groups, collegiate groups, youth groups and individuals to
serve in Michigan. Church planters and MI Baptist leadership are embracing SBDR Long term
recovery efforts into their ministries.
Things You Can Do
• Drywall installation and finishing
• Flooring Installation– laminate, wood and tile
• Survivor Care visitation assisting church planters and local pastors with followup
• Office support
• Base Camp / Warehouse assistance
How to get involved
Recruit Work Teams
· Adult teams (18 years and above)
· Youth teams – All participants must have completed the 7th grade (no one under 14
years of age is permitted in Southeast Michigan Flood Recovery housing or on
worksites) - Each team is required to bring one adult, of the same gender, for every
five youth participants under the age of 18. Adults must be 21 years of age or older
and must reside in the same room as their youth.
· Construction activities appropriate for youth are limited. Youth teams should include
a high ratio of adults to youth to provide adequate guidance for work activities.
Registration - $25 per person (non-refundable)
Housing - $25 per person, per night (housing, meals