Assistance Setting-Up Online Giving
We recommend that churches set up online giving (online, mobile app, give-by-text)
- They should look and see if online giving is a part of the church management system. (this is a module in many systems, and you may be paying for it already)
- The vendor will need a proof of 501-C-3 from the church. The SBCV can provide this for you. Please contact HR@SBCV.org and ask for the 501-C-3 letter.
- Some online giving platforms churches may want to consider:
- Generosity by LifeWay – during this unique and challenging season brought on by COVID-19, Generosity by LifeWay is opening its digital giving platform to all churches immediately.
- Easy Tithe – has specials and some free services to help churches now.
- Faithlife – Take your church online in 24 hours. Watch the free webinar they provided to our churches.
Share in many ways, how people can give and make it easy. Including simple links in emails/Facebook/Twitter.
Assign someone older/non-techy members can call for help with giving online.
For some churches mailing a letter addressing needs and include a return envelope(s) for their gifts.
Churches should check their insurance polices to see if the have a rider for closure of the church. Please contact your insurance agency.
If you have additional questions, please contact our chief financial officer for assistance. Eddie Urbine at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org