As you know, last year we were not able to hold some of our scheduled in-person trainings due to COVID 19, but we are back on track for 2021. So, we have multiple trainings scheduled throughout the rest of the year. Below you will find descriptions and links for each of the trainings.
Emotional and Spiritual Care Training for Chaplaincy
August 19 - August 20
For Credentialed Volunteers
Being a volunteer chaplain to those who have experienced loss and pain is a rewarding ministry, but it can be very challenging because of the emotional and spiritual demands involved. In order to maintain a high standard of excellence while providing emotional and spiritual care and operate in accordance with expected standards of the disaster community, all SBCV DR volunteer chaplains will need to complete the following minimum training requirements:
- Spiritual Care Provider (2-hour course)
- Southern Baptist Chaplain Course (8-hour course)
- Assisting Individuals in Crisis Course (13-hour course)
- One Elective Course (Choose one)
- Spiritual and Psychological First Aid (14-hour CISM course)
- Emotional and Spiritual Care in Disasters (14-hour CISM course)
If the Basic Chaplain course is held during the DR Training weekend, the host church will provide overnight accommodations for the SBDR Basic Chaplain Trainings which will give you a feel for ministering during deployment.