Responsible for supporting the day-to-day functions of the church office at the direction of the ministerial staff.
Applicant must be a person of integrity, dedicated to the work of the ministry as a competent professional person who can manage his or her time wisely.
Must be devoted to Christ above all else and be supportive of the life and work of the church.
Should seek to meet the needs of the congregation and community through church administration.
Work under the leadership and supervision of the pastor, assisting him in all areas of church leadership as assigned.
Administer church adopted policies and procedures concerning the use of all church properties and facilities. Monitor church calendar. If events are scheduled for church facilities make sure heat and or AC is set appropriately and doors are unlocked as needed.
Assist the treasurer, which may include posting receipts, paying bills, ensuring proper procedures are followed on all transactions, and creating reports for treasurer, tax preparer and church members.
Oversee the publication of written and online materials, supervising the use of social media accounts, maintaining the message board, updating church forms, and assisting the constitution revision committee with changes to policies and procedures. Responsible for publishing weekly church email communication.
Regularly look for ways to improve, initiate, or change processes to ensure the church is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible, in all aspects of the church, and then create and submit a plan to the pastor for approval to initiate and put those improvements into place.
Stay up to date on administrative issues and monitor church operations ensuring everything is in accordance with current laws. When needed, make recommendations to correct areas of concern.
Assist all staff and volunteers with needs under the direction of the pastor.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A / B.S.) from accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Previous experience as an administrator preferred.
- Work to develop professional, supportive, and positive relationships with all staff.
- Able to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Organizes work effectively to meet or exceed appropriate deadlines.
- Communicates verbal and written messages with accuracy and preciseness.
- Skilled at writing and editing, possessing proficiency in grammar usage and style.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Previous experience or willing to learn Quick Books and Servant Keeper.
- Demonstrates sound judgment when making decisions.
- Detail oriented is a must.
40 hours/week, paid by the hour