GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Responsible for assisting the pastor in administrative, planning, and other pastoral tasks as abilities allow. Will help with the administration and discipleship of a variety of age groups. Will help support the ministry of the church by assisting the pastor in providing for the spiritual, physical, social, and psychological development of children and youth that is consistent with the Southern Baptist faith and doctrine. This position works as an assistant to the Senior Pastor but will require independent work. Ability to proofread, edit, communicate regularly, and maintain documents and records is essential.
• Have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and have taken the step of believer’s baptism.
• Meet the qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
• Confirm agreement with the Thaxton Baptist Church Constitution and Bylaws.
• Completion of some formal course work from an accredited college, university, or seminary in divinity, theology, religious education, children’s and/ or youth ministry, evangelism, or other faith related degree is preferred but not required.
• Strong communication skills and administrative abilities are necessary.
• Demonstrate a sincere passion for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and love of people.
• TBC prefers that the Assistant to the Pastor be married and have strong intra and interpersonal skills and a solid and healthy relationship with family, community and with the church community however, all applicants will be considered for the position.
• Volunteer and charity work over a course of years is desirable.
• Pass Criminal Background and Child Protective Services checks.
This is a contract part-time position for one year. Work range is 15 to 25 hours per week depending on activity. Hourly compensation rate is $12 to $15 per hour commensurable with experience.