Poquoson Baptist Church is seeking to fill a full-time position responsible to assist the current Lead Pastor and elders. In addition to other general pastoral duties, he will be expected to provide pastoral leadership to the Youth Ministry and Music Ministry of Poquoson Baptist Church.
The Associate Pastor must be confident in his call to vocational ministry. He must have a love for Christ, a heart for shepherding, a strong theological foundation for his ministry, and lead his family to be committed to the life and health of Poquoson Baptist Church.
• Must meet the biblical qualifications for overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Must be a male and, if married, his relationship with his wife must exemplify Christlikeness.
• Must possess and demonstrate ability to preach and teach, relate to and mentor people of various age groups, oversee various ministries, and equip others for ministry.
• Must be able to work without direct supervision and must be able to balance work and home life.
• Must wholeheartedly affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 and the PBC Statement of Faith.
• Must live and minister in submission to the PBC Constitution & Bylaws and the PBC Covenant.
• Must be able to work well with Elders, Deacons, Staff, Members, and outside organizations.
• Must possess abilities to lead music in a wide range of styles including traditional hymns and contemporary congregational music.
• Must possess ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
• Education: Master of Divinity or equivalent is desired but not required.
• Experience: Related ministry experience is desired but not required.
• The Associate Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and the elders.
• As a staff elder, the Associate Pastor has general oversight, along with the other elders, of all ministries of Poquoson Baptist Church.