The congregation of Chester Gap Baptist Church is seeking a Bi-Vocational Lead Pastor. Chester Gap Baptist Church is “A CHURCH FOR PEOPLE TO PRAY PASSIONATELY, GIVE SACRIFICIALLY, GO CONFIDENTLY TO SHARE THE GOSPEL, AND MATURE BELIEVERS” (Vision Statement). Our mission is to reach the lost for Christ within our community and spread outward beyond our community. We will promote Christian fellowship and spiritual growth through Bible study, worship, and prayer to equip God’s people for His service.
Chester Gap Baptist Church is a small church that sits up on top of a mountain around 60 miles west of Washington, DC. The rural countryside is beautiful and home to the Shenandoah Valley & Skyline Drive. Some of our ministries include children and youth Bible Studies, adult Bible Studies, prayer meetings, VBS, Samaritan’s Purse, and Sunday School for all ages. Today we average 77 adults and children, including Facebook Live and Zoom.
The Pastor shall faithfully preach the Gospel, and labor in word, deed, and doctrine to build up the Kingdom of Christ in the Church and community. Conduct religious services on stated and special occasions, administer ordinances, minister to members of the church and community, and perform other duties that usually pertain to the office of Pastor. He shall have special charge of the pulpit ministry of the church and shall, in cooperation with the deacons, provide for preachers and workers to assist in revival meetings and other special services.
• Licensed and ordained as a minister of the Gospel of Southern Baptist churches.
• Must affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
• Minimum 5 years of Church Ministry or Pastoral experience
• Plan and conduct worship services, developing sermons, planning with music leadership and leads in the observance of ordinances.
• Oversee pastoral staff. Provide direction for the church’s programs, including support for various ministries and outreach initiatives.
• Motivate, equip, and nurture the people of the church through example, preaching and teaching God’s Word and spiritual counseling.
• Oversee or facilitate the contact or visitation of hospitalized or grieving church members. Perform wedding ceremonies, and conducts funeral services as requested.
• Work with Church Leadership, Deacons, and other key groups to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
• Serve as Overseer/Administrator of church staff, supervising, and evaluating the tasks assigned to each.
• Serve as an ex-officio member of all organizations, departments, committees, ministry groups, ministry task force, and ministry teams.
• Communicate with the congregation through articles or announcements, written and spoken using church newsletter, bulletins and worship services.
• Adhere to the Church Bylaws and Policies and Procedures adopted by the church.
• Maintain a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
• Maintain proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
Salary compensation based on education, experience, and interview discussion