New Song is seeking a part-time children’s ministry coordinator to lead and help grow this area of our church. We want to see a children’s ministry that kids love attending, parents love bringing their kids to, and accomplishes the goal of discipling children to be followers of Christ.
Our ideal candidate can relate well to parents and to children as an encourager and stable presence in their lives. He or she should be gifted in age-appropriate Bible teaching and have a desire to train others in leadership and teaching skills. Our children’s ministry coordinator should be ready to practice, abide by, and advocate for best practices in safety and child protection.
We envision this part time ministry role normally requiring 8-10 hours per week with a flexible schedule for planning and administration alongside leadership and teaching responsibilities at ministry events. Current salary range between $5,000-7,000/yr based on experience, schedule availability, and other factors.
New Song Fellowship is located in the Kempsville area of Virginia Beach, just off I-64 at the Indian River Road exit. We’re a non-formal, casual church with a children’s ministry currently serving 12-18 children on a weekly basis, with a solid group of volunteers – teachers & leaders – for small groups and Kids’ Church.
· Develop and implement cohesive vision for entire children’s ministry
· Coordinate and plan weekly schedule to match vision
· Recruit and provide training for volunteers
· Ensure Sunday morning experience is smooth and inspires parents’ confidence
· Work with teachers to ensure curriculum needs are being met
· Develop cohesive discipline plan and aid teachers in implementing
· Coordinate and plan regular activities and events to supplement weekly ministries
· Lead or work with another volunteer VBS director to execute high-quality event
· Attend CentriKid camp over the summer as group leader
· Other tasks as assigned by elders
· Personal testimony of faith in Christ
· Displays obvious Christian maturity – an example others can follow
· Energetic personality that helps children engage with church activities
· Personal interactions that model grace and patience reflecting the kindness of Christ
· Church membership and regular participation at New Song
· Agrees with our statement of faith, the Baptist Faith and Message (2000)
For more information or to apply, please contact New Song’s leader pastor, Brent Hobbs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current salary range between $5,000-7,000/yr based on experience, schedule availability, and other factors