The Director of Music Ministry will lead the church’s blended (traditional and contemporary) worship through music on Sunday mornings (10:45am-12pm) and as needed on other occasions. He/she will lead a team of volunteer musicians and singers to assist in the ministry.
1. Lead the church’s worship through music on Sunday mornings (10:45am-12pm) and as needed on other occasions.
2. Lead a team of volunteer musicians and singers to assist in the music ministry.
3. Communicate weekly with praise team members, audio/visual volunteers, and the senior pastor regarding practice and Sunday service.
4. In consultation with the senior pastor, plan the song selections for the Sunday morning worship service. Song selections will include both traditional hymns and contemporary worship music with an emphasis on congregational singing and sound doctrine.
5. Ensure lyrics and chord/lead sheets are available to team for practice and Sunday service.
6. Plan and lead a weekly practice for the praise team.
7. Work with sound and tech volunteers to ensure that the audio/visual components of the worship service are working properly and complement the music.
A full job description can be found at goshenbaptistchurch.net/resources/were-hiring.
$12,000 – $15,000/year