Ministry Description and Requirements
Fincastle Baptist Church (FBC) is a multi-site, contemporary, family-oriented church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the SBC of Virginia. Fincastle is a suburb of Roanoke, VA. FBC recently completed a new 1,100-seat worship center at its Fincastle Campus, added additional space for its kids and student ministries at its Highlands Campus, and plans to open our Rockbridge Campus in 2023. As part of our 2025 vision, FBC plans to open a 4th campus locally, plant a church in Montana, and sponsor and train 1,000 church planters in Guatemala. In addition to its online presence, FBC has an average (post-COVID) Sunday morning in-person attendance of 850-1,000. Our purpose is to bring God glory by helping people KNOW God, GROW in God, and LIVE for God. Our priority is the Word of God and people. Our passion is to see lives changed for eternity.
The director of productions will lead other paid and/or volunteer staff in fulfilling Fincastle Baptist Church’s purpose of glorifying God by helping people KNOW God, GROW in God, and LIVE for God. Our goal is to change the world from Fincastle, VA through the means of technology and church planting. The director of productions will join with other staff to see lives changed for eternity. The director of productions will join other members of the communications team in support of all FBC’s ministries by utilizing in-person worship services, live broadcasts, radio programs, podcasts, the website, church app, social media, signage, photography, videography, and graphic design to advance the mission of Fincastle Baptist Church. This position reports to the worship pastor.
Leadership Ability, Self-Starter, Team Player, Creative Mind, Problem Solver, Strategic Planner, Administrative Ability, Positive Mindset, Optimistic Attitude, Good Listener
• Have a growing relationship with Christ and lead your family to do the same
• Manage Media Team volunteers alongside the communications director for Sunday mornings and other coordinated events
• Manage all aspects of audio production, including live broadcast, lighting, cameras, radio programs, podcasts, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot through media complications
• Interact with our church family and seek to build relationships so others can come to KNOW God, GROW in God, and LIVE for God
• Purchase, maintain, and upgrade all audio equipment as needed
• Seek to take Fincastle Baptist Church to the next level by managing and maintaining a high degree of quality in the execution of sound production for worship services, radio programs, and podcasts
• Provide input to worship service planning
• Prepare the stage for rehearsal and weekend services (and as necessary for events)
• Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and operation of all audio equipment at all campuses
• Assess future technology needs and work with the worship pastor to implement strategies and timelines
• Oversee live streaming of Sunday services and other events.
• Work with an administrative assistant to schedule volunteers for services and events
• Recruit, train, and facilitate volunteers for all areas of production responsibilities
• Ensure messages and services are properly archived and distributed digitally
• Research, create, and implement more effective ways to help people KNOW God, GROW in God, and LIVE for God through the media ministry
The Ideal Candidate
• Will be a fully devoted Christ follower and be in alignment of the mission, vision, and values of Fincastle Baptist Church
• Will have experience and knowledge in Ableton, studio recording, multitrack recording, ProPresenter 7, Yamaha CL5 mixing console, Behringer mixing consoles, Blackmagic systems, Road Hog/Light Key lighting consoles
• Will have experience in building volunteer teams
• Will have experience and knowledge of media in the context of contemporary worship services including broadcast video environments, Ableton Live, broadcast switcher with multiple cameras (IMAG), alpha-keyed computer-graphics (lower thirds), and presentation software (ProPresenter, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Will have a teachable spirit and collaborate well with a team
• Will possess leadership skills to recruit and motivate teams of volunteers
• Will have organizational ability and strong attention to detail
• Will maintain a Christ-like grace under pressure
• Will pursue excellence
• Will have good time management and be flexible
• Formal training in production or related discipline preferred
• Experience in production of live events
• Hands-on experience with audio equipment
• Experience at a medium to large church is a plus
A full-time salary and benefits package will be offered. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.