Shenandoah Community Fellowship is a church with about 200 in attendance. Currently seeking position of Discipleship Pastor who will be responsible for the following:
• Plan, direct, conduct, evaluate, promote, and administer a comprehensive strategy and program for the ongoing adult ministries.
• Partner with families to help them build a lifetime faith characterized by biblical conviction, genuine worship, accountable membership, ministry service, and personal evangelism.
• Personally and corporately proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ while serving as a spiritual leader and visible role model to Shenandoah Community Fellowship and in our community where we seek to fulfill the church wide mission to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
• Structure the responsible ministries so that evangelism is interwoven throughout every aspect of the ministry.
• Provide leadership and oversight to the ministry leaders of responsible ministries.
• Administrate and manage the adult Sunday School and small groups in the following areas:
i. Responsible for recruiting and training adult workers and teachers.
ii. Responsible for approving and administrating adult teaching curriculum.
iii. Be a visionary in creating new groups and new space for adult classes.
iv. Provide group leaders regular leadership training via conferences, personal instruction, bring in outside instructors, etc.
• Give leadership and oversight to the Men’s ministry.
• Give leadership and oversight to the Women’s ministry.
• Give leadership and oversight to the Marriage and Family ministry.
• Give leadership and oversight to the Prime-Time ministry.
• Stay current with ministry trends including continuing education by attending conferences and other resources available through the SBCV and SBC.
• The Discipleship Pastor will have a heart for the local church. He will also possess an ongoing desire and effort to grow his relationship with Jesus Christ and have a passion for all adults to learn and grow in Christ.
• Embrace Christian disciplines and exhibit a personal, growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and healthy family life congruent with the biblical mandates for leaders found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Affirm the SCF statement of faith and all doctrines contained with the Baptist Faith and Message, 2000 as an engaging teacher holding to a biblical worldview.
• Be an ordained pastor from a church of like beliefs.
• Hold or working toward a MDiv in Pastoral Ministry, Christian Education, Biblical Studies or other related fields.
• 3 to 5 years in leadership/supervisory experience.
• Employ excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management, and computer skills.
• Possess a gifting and calling into full-time ministry, and a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
• Ability to create a strategic ministry plan and associated budget.
• Perform duties as a pastor, including but not limited to, hospital visits, counseling, pulpit supply, and other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Mid 40s (no benefits)