The Executive Director is responsible for the overall oversight and direction of church staff, leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes all areas in the life and work of the church apart from the senior pastor and personnel committee.
Job Expectations and Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning, and overall direction of the church staff under the leadership of the senior pastor.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, supply, and facilities management.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of volunteer ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and evaluation of church goals.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures (KPMs) that provide the Senior Pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
- Oversee annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels. Coordinate with the treasurer ensuring proper procedures are followed on all transactions and annual audits are completed. He/she will ensure appropriate reports for treasurer, tax preparer, and church members are generated.
- Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministries and support areas that support the healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Lead the church’s building programs, including capital fundraising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Review all the church’s insurance annually, recommend changes, and/or research more cost efficient options. Stay up to date on administrative issues and monitor church operations ensuring everything is in accordance with current laws. When needed, make recommendations to correct areas of concern.
- Oversee the publication of written and online materials, supervising the use of social media accounts, and updating church forms.
- Assist the constitution revision committee with changes to policies and procedures.
- Regularly looks for ways to improve, initiate, or change processes to ensure the church is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible in all aspects, and then create and submit a plan to the Senior Pastor for approval to initiate and put those improvements into place.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years in a business leadership role is required.
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in biblical or leadership discipline preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Systems-oriented, decisive leader, capable of leading and directing teams and projects
- Proven ability to lead and develop others
- Able to handle conflict in a godly manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well organized and excellent problem-solving skills
Personal Characteristics and Qualifications
- Has made a commitment to be a member of the body of Corinth Baptist Church
- A mature, growing, wholehearted follower of Christ, with a clear understanding of the Gospel and an ability to communicate it well
- Commitment to spiritual integrity
Pay commensurate with education and experience