Accountability: The Family Ministries Pastor is part of the staff and will serve under the supervision of the Senior Pastor. In the event there is a problem between the Family Ministries Pastor and the Senior Pastor, the Deacons/representative will mediate.
The Vision of Hillcrest Baptist Church:
Objective: To oversee the Children, Youth and Parent Ministries of Hillcrest Baptist Church. To equip parents and to lead their children.
• To help build a discipling culture among Children, Youth, Parents and Leaders
• Recruiting and Equipping a team of volunteers in Youth and Children Ministries that leads to sustainability in these ministry areas (not totally dependent on paid staff).
• Create a safe environment for Children and Youth that encourages growth in spiritual maturity.
• Encourage and equip parents in their role as primary disciplers of their children. Support them in teaching and mentoring their children in a life of following Christ.
• Develop a Student Leadership Team who will be equipped to lead and make disciples of the students.
• Integrate Youth and Children into the larger church community. Help foster an “extended family” atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute.
• Work with leaders to discover or develop a coordinated curriculum for all ages that progressively teaches and models the life in Christ.
• Be involved in a discipleship small group and in turn disciple others in a small group environment.
• The Family Ministries Pastor will be involved in the community, seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ. Modeling a missional lifestyle.
Recruiting and Supervision:
• This position requires someone who enjoys seeing others succeed and grow in their leadership abilities.
• The Family Ministries Pastor must first be an equipper, and secondly a doer.
• All volunteers receive training and regular feedback.
• All Child Abuse and Sexual Exploitation Prevention policies are being implemented.
• Regular meetings of adult and Student/Children Leadership Teams are being held for training, encouragement and prayer.
• Youth and Children Staff have put together ministry plans, goals and budgets and are evaluating progress toward those goals on a regular basis.
• A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
• Regular practice of spiritual disciplines
• A person of prayer
• Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit and knows how to walk in the power of the Spirit
• Strong relationship skills
• A healthy balance of work and rest in their life
• A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside of the church
• In agreement with the doctrines of Hillcrest Baptist Church.
• In agreement with the Leadership Covenant of Hillcrest Baptist Church
• Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams
• Ability to connect relationally with parents and children
• Good teaching ability and communication skills
• Ability to work closely with other Ministry Staff and Ministry Leaders to see that our objectives are accomplished
• Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
• A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
• 2 years experience in Youth or Children’s ministry preferred
• Experience in raising a family would be an asset
• Bible College or Seminary degree preferred. Other qualifications and training will be considered
$35,000-$55,000 based on experience and qualifications