The Vision of Hillcrest Baptist Church:
Objective: To oversee the Children, Youth and Parent Ministries of Hillcrest Baptist Church. To equip parents and to lead their children.
The Family Ministries Pastor is part of the Staff and will serve under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
• A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
• Regular practice of spiritual disciplines
• A person of prayer
• Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit and knows how to walk in the power of the Spirit
• Strong relationship skills
• A healthy balance of work and rest in their life
• A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside of the church
• In agreement with the doctrines of Hillcrest Baptist Church.
• In agreement with the Leadership Covenant of Hillcrest Baptist Church
• Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams
• Ability to connect relationally with parents and children
• Good teaching ability and communication skills
• Ability to work closely with other Ministry Staff and Ministry Leaders to see that our objectives are accomplished
• Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
• A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
• 2 years experience in Youth or Children’s ministry preferred
• Experience in raising a family would be an asset
• Bible College or Seminary degree preferred. Other qualifications and training will be considered
Negotiable, based on experience and training