Christian Life Fellowship (CLF) is seeking a lead pastor with a love for Jesus that overflows to a love for people. The pastor will serve as a leader, visionary, and teacher for a growing community of individuals that seek to glorify God by experiencing and sharing the incredible life that He has planned for us.
CLF is located in the Jonesville area of Lee County, Virginia. This rural area, located in the southwestern-most county of Virginia, is bordered on the south by Tennessee and on the north by Kentucky. CLF began as a church plant in 2009. Since this time we have grown to 180+ members and have sponsored a church plant in nearby Middlesboro, Kentucky. Additionally, we have purchased our building and are debt-free.
The contemporary worship services, life-giving culture, welcoming and loving fellowship is what our members love the most about CLF. Our growing fellowship utilizes weekly small groups and a vibrant children’s and youth ministry.
Our mission is to reach people with the life-giving message of Jesus so that they can KNOW GOD, FIND FREEDOM, DISCOVER PURPOSE, and MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of others.
CLF is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) and the Southern Baptist Conservatives of VA (SBCV).
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Deep personal sense of calling by God to vocational ministry
- Genuine personal commitment to a ministry lifestyle
- Ability to effectively lead, train, manage, and minister to ministry volunteers
- Strong competencies in ministry
- Has served in a church of similar size or larger
- In full agreement with CLF’s vision, mission, and doctrinal statements found in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Ministry experience with demonstrated leadership attributes
- Passion and experience growing a church
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills required
- Teaching and Preaching
- Implementing the vision and mission of the church
- Outreach and Evangelism
- Attracting new members and retention
- Pastoral Care
- Investing in volunteer leaders
- Staff and leadership management
Preferred Qualifications: Ministry-related degree with 5 or more years experience in ministry
Full-time salaried with benefits
P.O. Box 178
26991 Wilderness Road Hwy 58
Jonesville, Virginia 24263