Sky View Missionary Baptist Church is located in rural southwestern Virginia in Carroll County. Carroll County is home to approximately 30,000 people. Our church is a growing family that loves serving the Lord together as a family. Our church is actively involved in ministry to our local community, our state, North America and around the globe. We have a very active children’s ministry, youth ministry, young adult ministry and senior adult ministry. Our church also has a pre-school that ministers to children and parents of our community. Our full size gym is utilized on a daily basis as a means of service to our church and community.
Responsible for providing Christian and professional leadership and development of youth in our community (grades 7-12).
• Lead, teach, and organize youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
• Seek to integrate the youth and their involvement in all phases of church life.
• Attend, support, or promote community events that will enhance the spiritual growth of the youth.
• Develop a dynamic outreach ministry that will engage the youth from within the church and outside the church.
• Recruit train and shepherd volunteer staff.
• Provide follow up, counseling, and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
• Maintain contact with children, students, and parents – keep them informed of ongoing activities.
• Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
• Organize and give leadership to the recreational ministry of our church. This includes Upward Flag Football and Cheerleading, Upward Basketball and other activities to reach our community.
• Work with Missions Pastor to plan youth mission opportunities locally and beyond.
• Be accountable to the Pastor.
• Be open to additional duties, as needed, and as assigned by the Pastor.
• Believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
• Preferred college, university or an accredited Southern Baptist Seminary graduate (though all resumes will be considered).
• Must agree with the Southern Baptist doctrinal stance as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
• Must support the work of the association, state convention, and Southern Baptist Convention.
• Ability to work well with people and have good communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidences and confidential information.
• Have demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
• Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive self-starter with a positive attitude.
• Maintain a professional appearance representing Christ and Sky View Missionary Baptist Church well in the community.
• Must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug screening