Cardinal Baptist Church has been ministering to the Ruther Glen community since 1986. The average attendance is approximately 65 people.
Cardinal Baptist Church seeks to reach non-believers with the good news of Jesus Christ. We know that Jesus lived a perfect life, died a horrible death on the cross to pay the penalty of our sins, then rose up from the grave three days later, never to die again. Cardinal Baptist Church also seeks to build up the body of Christ by deepening believer’s personal relationships with God and other believers. We encourage believers to become active participants in the church in order to help continue doing our part to fulfill the Great Commission.
We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, that is, the Bible, is God speaking to us. Therefore, the Bible deserves and receives our highest devotion and loyalty. It is the final authority on all issues of life in this world and the world to come. As a Southern Baptist church, we adhere to The Baptist Faith and Message of 2000 (http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp). To know more about our beliefs, please visit our website: http://www.cardinalbaptist.org/ .
We trust God to provide us with the one whom He has prepared to be the pastor of Cardinal Baptist. We ask that interested candidates would prayerfully consider Cardinal Baptist, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via email to the link below. Link to sermons are encouraged.
Summary: The pastor is the spiritual leader and overseer of the congregation. He is expected to make full use of his Biblical training and oratory skills and personal experiences to boldly proclaim the gospel in a clear and concise manner. He is also expected to provide regular expository teaching of Biblical doctrine with applications, designed to equip the church for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up; make disciples of Jesus Christ and build disciple-makers. He is responsible for providing pastoral care in meeting the needs of persons in the church and community. He is responsible for administrative guidance and leadership. Detailed responsibilities will be provided later. With regards to expository preaching, it is most desirable for us to acquire a pastor who rightly divides the word of God, and whose conviction is to lead and care for God’s people in both the teaching of sound doctrine and with personal application of the word.
Abbreviated Job Responsibilities:
• Serve as the spiritual leader and overseer in presenting the gospel to the church and the community.
• Proclaim the gospel message and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel; and bringing Bible knowledge and principles to the church and to the community.
• Lead the church in a caring ministry for persons of the church and community.
• Preach the gospel himself at all worship services or arrange for a suitable replacement, through expository preaching and teaching.
• Direct or delegate the planning of all regular and special worship services.
• Direct and administer the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper per church bylaws.
• Counsel with and assist in training of the deacons for their responsibilities.
• Offer counseling sessions, conduct weddings and funerals for members of the congregation and community, as available and/or requested.
• Bear responsibility for the discipleship ministry of the church.
• Uphold all bylaws and monitor that all other members uphold bylaws.
• Sit in and/or lead regular business meetings and deacon meetings.
As a Bible-believing church, we are currently pursuing a man of God who is committed to the expository preaching of God’s word, and who:
• Lives by the qualifications stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, Ephesians 5:25-29, 6:4 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
• Adheres to The Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
• Has earned or is earning a degree from a conservative seminary.
• Has pastoral experience.
A further development of requirements and expectations will be provided later in the search process.
Compensation: Compensation package will be commensurate with experience and education.
Church Website: http://www.cardinalbaptist.org