New Life Community Church, located in the growing community of Louisa, Virginia is seeking a committed servant of Christ to lead our congregation and community in fulfillment of the Great Commission. This salaried staff member’s fundamental responsibility is to deliver Biblical expository preaching and provide leadership for the operation of our Church.
The successful candidate will possess a Master’s degree in Religion or Ministry from an institution with doctrinal foundations complementary to the SBC 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. A highly desired candidate would also bring paid ministerial staff experience matching one of the following:
- 3+ years Senior Pastor in a church with regular attendance of 500+ weekly
- 3+ years Senior Pastor in a smaller church and 2+ years paid staff experience at a church of 500+
- 5+ years paid staff experience at a church of 500+ in a pastoral role
- Is a Christ follower with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Not disqualified for Biblical eldership.
- Visionary and passionate as well as creative and energetic.
- Competent in leadership abilities: both administrative and interpersonal
- Ability to work well with diverse congregants, volunteers, and church staff.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize demands.
- Adeptly prepare and communicate God's Word
- Communicate effectively to a very diverse audience
- Direct operations and prioritize competing demands
- Build a vibrant, effective church staff team
- Establish evangelism as a core value for members
- Empower attendees to live out evangelism
Weekly responsibilities include 2 services on Sunday morning and prayer meeting on Wednesday evening. Weekly activities include Celebrate Recovery, New Life Christian Preschool, small groups on-site and in homes, Wednesday youth group and Awana. Additional activities include backyard & on-site VBS, Backpack Blessings food ministry, seasonal special events. New Life is a church that believes in reproducing and has been instrumental in two successful church plants, and has supported other church plants financially.
COMPENSATION: $68-82K annually - commensurate with education and experience – plus benefits.
RESIDENCY: Must reside within Louisa County and within 15 driving miles of the church within one month of hire. New Life will assist with relocation expenses.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest, CV/resume (including degrees awarded and salary history), and three letters of reference no later than November 1, 2017.
Senior Pastor Recruitment
New Life Community Church
PO Box 502
Louisa, VA 23093