The Worship Pastor's primary focus is to create a culture of inter-generational worship across the Unity Baptist family and her ministries. He is relationally healthy and will partner with the Pastoral Staff and Church Leadership in corporate worship and ministry. He recruits, shepherds, mentors and leads the musicians, vocalists, technicians and all other volunteers involved in operating and building worship, creative arts and media related ministries.
Unity is a relatively young growing church with a great heart and ministry to kids, students and our community. Unity is a Southern Baptist Convention and Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia congregation. Just south of Richmond, VA we are in a rural community with a military influence. Average Sunday attendance hovered at 220+ before COVID with great potential to break the 200 barrier and grow. Our worship style is contemporary and ministry modality is fluid. Our church family is extremely welcoming and excitedly looks forward to the new things a Worship Pastor can bring to the table in partnering to fulfill the Vision and Mission Christ has given us.
1. A Servant’s heart and Christlike attitude.
2. A life and ministry that meets the standards of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
3. A clear vision for the role of the worship ministry in the local church.
4. A willingness to embrace innovation and demonstrate creativity.
5. The ability to lead multiple ministry teams toward unified goals.
6. Familiarity with current technology for coordinating and creating a modern worship ministry.
7. Demonstrates proficiency in using different forms of media for worship and outreach .
8. Ordained preferred or seeking Ordination.
9. Completed or pursuing degree related to Worship Ministry.
1. An ability and desire to rightly divide the Word of God through Biblical teaching.
2. Shepherd the worship team, band, vocalists, and church members toward Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated, theologically-rich, gospel-centered, congregational singing reflective of Unity’s Statement of Faith.
3. Minister, disciple, and teach the biblical theology of worship through the rehearsal process and through intentional Bible study opportunities.
4. Act as the Primary Worship Leader in all weekly services.
5. Oversee Worship & Media for Sunday morning services and others deemed necessary.
6. Conduct weekly rehearsals for Worship Ministry teams
7. Discover, develop, and deploy a Culture of Worship within the church structure to connect across generations and cultures, to include:
- Praise Team
- Audio/Visual team
- Student and Children Worship Teams
- Seasonal Productions
- Special Presentations
8. Work with the Children and Student Ministries to develop and nurture age appropriate worship programs and development streams.
9. Assist with communication through Church website and social media.
10. Manage all audio/visual volunteers, and provide training as needed
11. Manage annual budget(s) related to Worship and Media Ministry.
12. Supervise maintenance and acquisition of equipment relevant to Worship and Media Ministry
13. Participate in overall duties as part of the church leadership team including weekly staff meetings and monthly council meetings.
14. Weekly responsibilities as needed in other areas as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Submit Resumes & Inquiries to:
Worship Pastor Search
PO Box 670
Prince George, VA 23875
or email Worship@UnityBaptist.us
Links to your worship leading experiences are encouraged.
• Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
• Benefits: Health Insurance Stipend, Long/Short Disability Insurance, Retirement Contribution, 3 Weeks PTO
• Total Compensation: $50,000-$55,000