1. Oversee, organize, plan, develop and accomplish all aspects of an active youth
- Sunday School
- Sunday Night Youth Meeting
- Midweek meeting/service
- Special activities/events
- Mission trips
- Retreats and key exposures
2. Equip youth for ministry activities and acts of service.
3. Willingness to attend and have visibility at HS & MS school functions, understanding
that a presence on campus is a key element of developing contacts.
4. Recruit, equip and empower adult volunteers to serve as a team in ministering to
Youth and the congregation as a whole.
5. Assist FBC by helping organize and accomplish outreaches within the community
throughout the year.
6. Attendance at all services throughout the week, or their equivalent (e.g. Team
7. Assist FBC and the Sr. Pastor in the assimilation of newcomers and families into the
ministry of FBC, especially those families with children and youth.
8. General duties of pastoral care – e.g. visitor follow-up (especially families with
children/teens), visitation of the sick, etc.
9. Cooperation and leadership assistance in community activities (e.g. Trail Days,
Easter In The Park, National Day of Prayer, etc.).
10. Availability to counsel and guide teens that require spiritual direction.
11. Meet regularly with the Sr. Pastor at agreed upon times and frequency.
12. This is a salaried position with 40 hour minimum work week. Pastors remain “on
call” and will sometimes be called upon to work beyond “office hours.” The
nature of ministry hours is not predictable in relation to time.
13. Accomplish tasks as assigned by the Deacon Board or Sr. Pastor.
1. Must have evidence of knowing Christ as Savior, have been baptized as a believer,
and possess a track record reflecting an obedient walk with Christ.
2. Must be in agreement with The Baptist Faith & Message (2000).
3. If not ordained, must be willing to seek and obtain ordination in the course of their
time of ministry at FBCD.
4. Must possess a sense of calling to youth/pastoral ministry.
5. Must have had some measure of education, training or experience in youth/pastoral
ministry. A B.A. education level is preferred.
6. Must have noteworthy people skills.
7. Must have an understanding and appreciation of country, Appalachian culture.
8. Must be teachable and willing to learn.
9. Must possess enough humility to accept accountability.
10. Must demonstrate an actual work ethic.
11. Must have an ability to strategize, plan, and implement events.
12. Must have the ability to work within a team framework and perform in necessary
13. Must have enough tech skills to navigate, communicate and connect using the ever-
evolving social media landscape.
14. Must meet the Biblical qualifications of an overseer/elder as described in 1 Timothy
3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
Compensation: Up to $50,000
Church Website: http://www.damascusfbc.com