Mosaic of Winchester, in Winchester, Virginia, is seeking a bi-vocational lead pastor to lead our congregation. As a church, we are focused on the expositional teaching and preaching of God’s Word.
Mosaic’s vision is to see Christ glorified in our community and beyond by making disciples who worship authentically, pray consistently, serve sacrificially, give abundantly, witness unashamedly, and disciple others to do the same. In order to see this vision become reality, we are on mission to Live, Love, and Labor for the Glory of Christ. In order to see our vision realized and have the mission go forward, we place significant value and emphasis on discipleship relationships.
In November 2020, Mosaic began leasing a building in the heart of downtown Winchester. This new location has already uniquely positioned us to serve the city in new and exciting ways. We desire for our next lead pastor to have a heart for reaching the city—including the wealthy, homeless, addicts, and everyone in-between.
By our definition, “bi-vocational” means a pastor who would need a secondary income to supplement his salary from the church. While the lead pastor needs to be available for the duties as the lead pastor of our church, we also understand that we—as a church—need to be sensitive to the schedule and responsibilities of his other job.
We further recognize that bi-vocational pastorates are ideal for those with the call to pastoral ministry but limited experience. We welcome and encourage interest from those transitioning to a pastoral career from industry, or those who are currently serving a local church but have not yet been a lead pastor.
About Mosaic of Winchester:
* Mosaic is the result of a church merger in 2018 between two church plants.
* We lean theologically toward a Reformed perspective, with sound biblical teaching foundational to all our ministries.
* Average Sunday morning attendance of 70-90 (during COVID); 125-140 pre-COVID.
* Desire to equip believers and raise up leadership within the church.
* Core mission is to make disciples who make disciples, with a strong discipleship formulation in place and thriving.
* Small Groups and Discipleship Groups are the main place where community and discipleship take place.
* Growing Student Ministry that is not your typical “youth group”.
For more on Mosaic’s vision and core values, visit: www.mosaicofwinchester.org/about
* Maintain a vital and thriving personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ through the practice of spiritual disciplines.
* Preach Sunday morning worship services at least 40 weeks per year, and lead a weekly Small Group.
* Prepare and lead the Sunday morning service.
* Prepare members for Christian living and church leadership by teaching and preaching from the Scriptures.
* Attend to the congregation’s pastoral needs, including (as necessary and available) visitation, prayer, and counseling.
* Perform wedding ceremonies according to the biblical definition of marriage of one man and one woman.
* Lead funerals and baptisms.
* Be a “first among equals” on the Elder Team.
* Be active in the Winchester/Frederick County community.
* Must meet the biblical qualifications for an elder (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
* Is a man who can rightly divide the Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15) and apply a biblical worldview to the events and situations we face in daily life.
* Prior pastoral experience is preferred but not required.
* A seminary degree is required.
* Must be ordained as a Baptist minister.
* Believes in the inerrancy of Scripture.
* Can teach and preach both verse-by-verse and topically.
* In agreement with Mosaic of Winchester’s Core Values, Mission, and Vision.
* Committed to integrity and accountability to those he serves.
* In agreement with the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message and/or 1689 Baptist Confession.
To view the complete job description, visit: https://bit.ly/3rcogjJ
If interested, please send your resume with family photo, doctrinal statement, cover letter, and audio or video link of preaching to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Lead Pastor Search."