Get to Know Centreville Baptist Church (CBC):
• CBC is located in the western suburbs (Fairfax Country) of the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. It is an area saturated with federal government, government defense firms, all branches of the military, technology firms, and corporations of all sizes. We are located minutes from a national battlefield, 22 miles from Washington, DC, an hour from the Shenandoah mountains, and less than three hours from the closest beach.
• Centreville is a multi-ethnic community. Caucasian residents comprise approximately 50% of the community and we have a large Asian community equaling approximately 25% of the residents. Because of this we are seeking to be “Many Peoples One Body” as we focus on being multi-ethnic. We currently offer three heart language community groups for Korean, Hispanic, and Chinese speakers.
• CBC is also a multi-generational church with a recently renewed focus on attracting and engaging young families and young adults.
• CBC is a biblically strong and missional church. See our Mission, Vision and Values at Centreville Baptist Church - What We Believe (cbcva.org)
Under the direction of the Executive Pastor, the Senior Staff Ministry Assistant will support the administrative needs of the Pastoral Team.
• Assists the Executive Pastor with programming needs for staff, Elder Board, weekend services and special events.
• Primary point of contact for facility use requests and agreements. Manage calendar and communicate needs with custodial/porter staff. Coordinate key/fob distribution for staff, elders, and ministry leaders.
• Provide support for general landing pages of the church website.
• Triage general website and church email communication to appropriate pastor.
• Participates and contributes in weekly team meetings.
• Support the Outreach Pastor with scheduling, communication, and training of our First Impressions. Acquire resources needed to support FIT and create weekly “hot sheets.”
• Coordinate and manage background checks (BIB) for volunteers, staff and lay elders.
• The Senior Staff Ministry Assistant agrees to take on additional responsibilities as directed.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills (relationally “warm”) with people of all ages.
• Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree, or equivalent job experience as an administrative assistant.
• A working knowledge of the Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint. Planning Center Online is a plus.
• Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and use good judgment in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, and be a team player.
• Ability to receive and process feedback effectively.
• Loves Jesus and His Word. Exhibits a growing personal relationship with Jesus.
• Supports and agrees with the doctrinal standards & mission of Centre Church (Centreville Baptist Church). You can find these at Centreville Baptist Church - Mission and Vision (cbcva.org).
• The Senior Staff Ministry Assistant is expected to cultivate positive relations with members of the Pastoral Team and church staff.
• Interacts frequently with the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor, Outreach Pastor, and potentially other members of the Directional Team.
This is a part-time position (32-hours a week) that will require working Sunday-Thursday. There may be additional time needed in the evening and/or for holiday seasons and/or special events/projects. Option to work remotely some days/hours. Below reflects a typical schedule but is subject to change.
• Sunday & Thursday:
o 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
• Monday – Wednesday:
o 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Paid Time Off & Health Benefits:
• Included and will be presented at the time of an offer letter for employment.
• The applicant will be requested to sign forms allowing Centreville Baptist Church to perform a background check. All results must be favorable and may impact employment.