Matoaca Baptist Church is looking for a part time music minister at this time. We are looking for a person with a desire to see God glorified in the weekly gathering of His church. Attached you will find the responsibilities for this position.
All employees of Matoaca Baptist Church are expected to exhibit a godly attitude and work ethic at all times.
1) The Minister of Music shall:
- be a committed Christian with a call to the music ministry within the local church;
- have music experience;
- have general knowledge of the broad field of church music;
- be able to plan and execute a church music program;
- be able to work in a team relationship with other members of the church staff.
2) The Minister of Music is expected to:
- Coordinate music ministry in cooperation with the Senior Pastor. Events include, but or not limited to, Easter and Christmas Cantatas, Concerts, Revival Music, and VBS.
- Assist Senior Pastor as needed as he plans worship services. Be responsible for all hymns, special music, and other music related aspects of worship.
- Provide relevant information to the Church office weekly to be included in the bulletin.
- Write a monthly article for the Messenger newsletter.
- Provide direction for church pianist and organist.
- Work with the Personnel Committee as needed to fill vacancies with the church pianist and/or organist.
- Maintain the Matoaca Baptist Church music library;
- Purchase new anthems, cantatas, and other necessary literature and recorded music, obeying all copyright laws pertaining to their usage;
- Maintain an inventory of all music.
- Prepare recommendations for and administer the music budget.
- Oversee the preparation of the hymn board in the sanctuary for each service.
- Secure a replacement when absent.
- Coordinate the music program with the calendar of activities.
Compensation to be determined based upon experience and availability.
Pastor Marco Smith