Poquoson Baptist Church (PBC) is seeking a part-time (~20 hours/week with plans to move towards full-time) Music Leader. The Music Ministry of PBC exists to equip and encourage the people of PBC to praise God with excellence in song. Since this position involves leadership in a practical area of ministry in PBC life, we believe the Music Leader must meet the qualifications of a New Testament deacon (1 Timothy 3:8-13). Because this position will likely involve significant teaching and shepherding, we believe the Music Leader should have potential to be recognized as a New Testament elder (1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).. The Music Leader will directly oversee and lead the Music Ministry at PBC to include all musicians, choir members, audio/visual team, music ministry team and any other individuals involved in the corporate music of PBC. He will develop and lead the Music Ministry of PBC, in collaboration with the pastor(s) and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
• Experience in a wide range of styles including Christian hymns and contemporary music
• Ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders
• Ability as a skilled piano or guitar player is required
• Willingness to lead a choir
• Ability to read music preferred
• Experience with Audio/Visual equipment preferred
• Plan/lead worship services in collaboration with the pastor(s) and the Music Ministry
• Oversee/lead each of the teams that make up the Music Ministry (e.g., choir, audio/visual, etc.)
• Supervise maintenance of music equipment, including instruments and supplies
• Prepare and submit the Music Ministry annual budget to the Stewardship Committee
• Pray regularly for the Music Ministry
• Shepherd those involved in Music Ministry with teaching and soul care
• The Music Leader shall contribute to additional ministries where gifts, interests, and church needs coincide, as determined in partnership with the pastor(s).
Go to http://www.poquosonbaptist.org/worship to download complete job description and application.
Compensation: Part Time Paid/hourly rate TBD
Compensation: Part Time/Hourly Rate TBD
Church Website: http://www.poquosonbaptist.org