Music/Worship Director Job Description
East End Baptist Church
-- The Music Director must be an active member of East End Baptist
Church and subscribe to its constitution, statement of faith and
a. The Music Director will be supervised by the music committee in consultation with the Pastors/Elders
b. The Music Director shall be a Bible believing, Jesus following born again Christian.
c. He/she must be able to meet us where we are at musically and then help us further develop our worship.
d. He/she must communicate well and be open to constructive feedback.
e. He/she must have a joyful disposition and countenance and demonstrate Christian love both inside and outside of the church.
f. He/she must be a good fit for our church.
g. He/she must be skilled in their musical abilities and leadership.
Music Director duties will include:
1. The Music Director shall be responsible for the total music education of the church.
2. The Music Director shall meet weekly with the praise team and instrumentalists to rehearse and prepare for worship.
3. The Music Director shall train and develop soloists, duets, quartets and/or adult and youth choirs to help lead in the worship of God.
4. The Music Director shall lead music in our Sunday and Wednesday worship services, revivals, and special meetings as required (weddings, funerals etc.)
5. The Music Director shall work in close cooperation with the Pastor, instrumentalists and the media director.
6. The Music Director shall make a report at the monthly business meeting.
Music Director benefits will include:
1. Pay – 250-500 dollars/month with the potential for an annual raise and further compensation as the church grows.
2. Two weeks paid vacation after the first year of service and 3 weeks after 5 years of service and 4 weeks after 10 years of service. Vacation requests shall be submitted to the music committee and the Pastor.
3. Up to four weeks of sick leave per year if necessary.
For further information please call Pastor Troy Mueller at 540-986-5713
and send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Able to read music, have a good singing voice and ideally play an instrument.
Compensation: 250-500 dollars per month -- this will increase as the church grows
Church Website: http://www.eastendbaptistchurch.com