LivingStone Community Church is currently seeking the right individual to partner with us (part-time) for the purpose of helping to strengthen our worship and children’s ministries. This position will work closely with our pastor/elders as well as ministry leaders and volunteers in helping our church grow in the Lord and engage in passionate, God-glorifying worship and the spiritual development of our children. We are looking for a humble servant whose private relationship with God and personal worship fuels their public ministry; someone who is teachable and willing to grow alongside of us. We are a multi-generational congregation who began as a church plant just over a year ago. Our current Sunday attendance is approximately 50-60. We currently hold one blended service each Sunday (with Traditional and Contemporary worship elements).
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him
2. Agreement with our Statement of Faith, Ministry Vision and Core Values
3. An individual of personal character/integrity and ever increasing spiritual maturity (1 Tim. 3)
4. Possesses growing leadership, communication, organizational, and planning skills
5. Someone who is humble, teachable, flexible and eager to learn/grow
6. A strong desire to develop as a “people person” and become a committed part of the church family
7. Recognizes & submits to spiritual authority, but comfortable expressing their desires, opinions, feelings
8. Willing to work with Pastor, elders and ministry leaders in the overall spiritual care of the church
9. Will support & assist additional ministries of the church in accordance with gifts, skills, and abilities
1. Musically trained w/ previous experience (Bachelor’s degree in Worship Ministry/Music preferred)
2. Able to lead worship from instrument of choice (proficiency with guitar and keyboard would be a plus)
3. Ability to direct our small praise team and congregational singing
4. Responsible for scheduling, organizing and leading rehearsals; set-up/break-down as needed
5. Will work with the Pastor in planning the worship services in light of sermon series
6. Knows and appreciates a wide range of worship music (Traditional – Contemporary) and is able to plan and lead God-centered, creative, diverse expressions of worship that engage the heart and mind.
7. Working knowledge of sound equipment and software/technology relevant to the worship arts
8. Help in recruiting, mentoring and developing new praise team members as well as encouraging and shepherding those members weekly.
• A special consideration will be given to interested candidates who have a heart for Children and a willingness to assist in this area of ministry by working with parents and church leaders to disciple young members of our congregation
Compensation: Approximately $18,000 (20 hours weekly) (We are willing to help with housing and additional employment)
Church Website: https://LivingStoneCommunityChurch.org