Dale City Baptist Church (DCBC) of Woodbridge, VA is seeking a full-time Pastor of Young Adults and Young Families (PYAYF) to minister to the young members of our church and lead outreach efforts to the local community. The geographic area surrounding our church is rich in opportunities to reach and disciple young families and young adults. DCBC is committed to living out the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) and fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
Since 1968, DCBC has faithfully served the local Dale City/Woodbridge area and currently represents various generations, demographics, and cultures. We conduct a variety of ministries and participate in both local outreach, community services, and global missions.
Candidate Position Overview: Pastor of Young Adults and Young Families
This is a full time, salaried position with a minimum of 40 hours per week. Defined office hours will be set with remaining hours structured with flexibility. The candidate must align with the pastoral qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. In addition, the incumbent must be a devoted Christian who walks in Christian love and engages in actions that reflect honorably on Christ and His Church. The PYAYF must worship and study God’s Word regularly, observe New Testament church ordinances, agree with the vision of DCBC, and give generously and cheerfully of their personal time, talents, and treasures.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• The PYAYF is responsible for planning, developing, promoting, and leading a Christ-centered, safe, and effective ministry for the spiritual growth and discipleship of
Young Adults and Young Families, to include small group settings.
• The PYAYF will serve under the direction/oversight of the Senior Pastor and participate in DCBC Staff meetings.
• The PYAYF will coordinate activities and partner with other ministries of the church to create a biblical foundation that will help disciple and encourage young families and young adults as they grow in their faith.
Other Duties Include:
§ Develop an outreach strategy for PYAYF to include college campuses and military facilities.
§ Develop, promote, and coordinate intergenerational activities to involve the Young Families and Young Adults with the entire church body.
§ Identify, recruit, build relationships with, and develop volunteer leaders to interact and effectively lead Young Adults and Young Families outreach, programs, and events.
§ Stay up to date on teaching methods / materials and oversee their implementation.
§ Utilize technology and social media platforms to promote ministry activities and connect to Young Adults and Young Families in a Godly manner.
• Be available and prepared to teach any Sunday School class in the absence of its regular teacher.
Desired Skill Sets:
• Team Building
• Ability and desire to build a program from the ground up.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Good organization and administration skills
• Social Media
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Requirements and Preferences:
• Bachelors or higher-level degree from an accredited college / university required.
§ Seminary degree or pursuant of a seminary degree preferred.
§ Previous experience in Young Adults and Young Families youth and college ministry preferred.
§ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To be determined by candidate’s qualifications and experience