1. Seek the mind of Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit in ALL things.
2. Be a person of integrity in his family, the church, and the community.
3. Be loving and gracious to all.
4. SUPERVISE and EVALUATE the performance and conduct of the church staff.
5. Be diligent in work according to a work schedule shared with the church.
6. Use his ministry gifts, knowledge, and wisdom to glorify Christ through the church.
7. Lead the church (spiritually and physically) in planning and implementing ministries that fulfill the Great Commission as described in MATTHEW 28:18-20.
8. Preach to instruct, inspire, connect and enable the church for ministry.
9. Coordinate baptismal services, officiate weddings and funerals, or delegate these responsibilities.
10. Mediate conflict in concert with the deacons to produce healthy, productive relationships in the church.
11. Lead the church leadership team (deacons) and other church officers in their tasks or delegate responsibility.
12. Evangelize the lost through preaching and personally as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
13. Care for persons with special needs and lead others to be involved in caring ministries.
14. Respect church members’ ministry gifts and encourage members’ growth and involvement in the life of the church. (DISCIPLESHIP)
15. Represent the church in community and denominational activities.
16. Fully agree with and support THE BAPTIST FAITH AND MESSAGE OF 2000 without reservation and be committed to leading the congregation to continue its enthusiastic participation in our partnership with the SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONSERVATIVES OF VIRGINIA (SBCV) AND SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION (SBC).
The next senior pastor of Pinecrest Baptist Church SHALL BE in full agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000 without reservation and be committed to leading our congregation to continue its enthusiastic participation in our partnership with the Southern Baptist Convention of Virginia and the national Southern Baptist Convention; PLUS reflect the following –
- AGE – should be between the approximate ages of 35-54
- EDUCATION – 4-year college degree PLUS attended seminary, though a master’s is not necessarily required
- PASTORAL EXPERIENCE – have 3-10 years of prior pastor experience
- MARITAL STATUS – should be currently married (ideally with children), with a wife excited about involvement in the church
- STRENGTHS – We are looking for pastor who is strong in the areas of preaching and leadership and who would prioritize sermon prep, prayer, and counseling the congregation as top time priorities.
- PREACHING STYLE – His preaching style should be versatile, able to navigate a variety of preaching styles to effectively communicate God’s Word, and most importantly, always anchored in Scripture.
- VISION & LEADERSHIP – Pinecrest’s next pastor should emphasize leadership vision and a compelling plan for the future of the church, seeking families and ministries that build support for the same.
- FURTHER PRIORITIES – discipleship and spiritual formation; evangelism; and attracting and strengthening families in the church