Piney Fork Baptist Church is looking to fill the position of senior pastor. As a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, we are a passionate group of believers seeking to grow and make disciples that make disciples. Our average attendance is approximately 40, and we are in a community west of Gretna in Pittsylvania County, VA.
1. Primarily responsible for preaching the Word of God on Sunday morning and Wednesday night prayer/Bible study
2. Responsible for scheduling pastoral guest speakers when on vacation or strategically for special emphasis
3. Assures leadership is provided for evangelistic outreach and visitation efforts
4. Oversees hospital visitation for church families
5. Ensures provision of personal and marital counseling as well as crisis counseling when needed. Perform counseling.
6. Provides intercessory prayer.
7. Conducts weddings. (The pastor has the right to grant or refuse the marriage ceremony determined by Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and the church constitution of Piney Fork Baptist Church.)
8. Conducts funerals, baptisms, and baby dedication services
9. Conducts Lord’s Supper services
10. Promotes annual Southern Baptist and SBCV offerings—Annie Armstrong Easter Offering, Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, and State Missions Offering
11. Visitation of members on a regular basis
1. Provides leadership and direction of church
2. Call business meetings and act or designate a parliamentarian of all business meetings of the church
3. Oversight of Sunday School ministry
4. Optionally mentor students called to full-time ministry
1. Acts as the ex officio member of all church committees, ministries, and teams
2. Moderates monthly business meetings
3. Serves as the chairman of the Church Council
4. Examines deacon nominees
1. Sends occasional communiqués to the church body (devotionals, etc.)
2. Navigates church technology for Sunday worship services and other times as needed
3. Maintains church website with current updates and services
1. Responsible for submitting requisitions and receipts to bookkeeper/treasurer
2. Responsible for working within annual church budget
- Church representative for annual SBC & SBCV meetings.
- Must be in agreement with Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and constitution of Piney Fork Baptist Church
- Should be ordained by a Baptist church
- Must bear witness to a clear testimony of conversion, evidence of the fruit of the Spirit, and a commitment to personal and spiritual growth
- A qualified candidate must have a bachelor’s degree
- Must pass extensive background check
- Pastoral experience
- Seminary degree