Resurrection Church is a place where people can meet Jesus, engage in life-giving community, and everyone is welcome. We believe in creating a space where people can have authentic encounters with Christ, discover their gifts, and use them for God’s glory. Resurrection Church is currently holding services at the Carroll County High School Auditorium, with a desire to grow and develop the four-acre property it owns on the corner of Springwillow Dr. and Rt. 58 into a thriving church campus.
Duties and Roles
- The senior pastor who is called by God to Resurrection Church will be recognized as the spiritual leader of the church.
- The senior pastor will be in charge of all worship and other public services of the church. The senior pastor is responsible for leading the church in all matters of direction, doctrine, and discipline.
- The senior pastor will direct the work of church staff with input from the Elder Board.
- The senior pastor must be above reproach in accordance with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and serve as an example to his congregation (1 Peter 5:1-4).
- The senior pastor will believe in and follow Resurrection’s Articles of Faith, which are based on the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- The senior pastor will have a deep knowledge, clear understanding, and strong desire to preach what is in the whole counsel of the Word of God.
- The senior pastor will be licensed and ordained in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The senior pastor must reside in or be willing to relocate to Carroll County.
- Evangelism – The senior pastor will be focused on effectively reaching the people of Carroll County and beyond through community outreach/action, participating in local events, and being visible to the people in our community.
- Administration – The senior pastor will provide the necessary leadership to ensure that the business of the church and its staff is done in a timely and effective manner. The senior pastor must be a very well organized individual, who is able to delegate those roles that can be delegated and manage those jobs that only he can perform (1 Corinthians 14:40).
Master of Divinity degree is preferred but not required
$40,000 – $50,000 (Salary)
$12,000 (Housing Allowance)