Sandy Creek Baptist Church is a conservative, Christ-centered, Gospel-driven fellowship of believers located in rural Virginia, whose mission statement is “Love God, Love People, and Love to Tell the Story.”
Sandy Creek is seeking a senior pastor willing to:
• Lead and grow the church body in its goals to worship and glorify God and disciple the believers
• Faithfully shepherd our congregation and equip us for the work of the ministry
• Provide pastoral care for our flock
• Evangelize the lost in our community and throughout the world
• Provide a consistent testimony of a personal redemptive relationship with God through faith and belief in Jesus Christ. Give evidence of a daily walk of prayer, Bible study, and demonstrate an ability to win others to Christ
• Preach one service, with the possibility of two (contingent upon the growth of the church) and participate in church functions
• Train, equip, and lead the church in evangelistic outreach ministries and participate in mission activities
• Serve as the chief administrator of the church to assure coordination and efficiency of the church staff, committees, and their functions. Provide guidance to and serve as mentor for youth leaders of the church.
Sandy Creek Baptist Church is aligned with the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia. We have an average weekly attendance of 160, a large Facebook Live following, and a variety of robust youth programs.
Sandy Creek Baptist Church, near the Sailor’s Creek Battlefield Historical Park, has a rich history. We are the oldest Baptist church in Amelia and one of the oldest in Virginia. Our family-friendly church ministers to the surrounding countryside and is located within 20 minutes of Farmville, the Village of Amelia, and 40 minutes from Chesterfield.
• Fulfill the pastoral requirements of 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
• Affirm full belief and support of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
The complete job description is available on the church website with instructions for submitting an application.
TBD based on a combination of qualifications, education, and experience.