The Senior Pastor’s Executive Assistant works directly with the Senior Pastor to provide administrative support for the pastor, church leadership teams, and offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Assistance to Sr. Pastor:
o Maintain Sr. Pastor’s calendar and appointments.
o Prepare weekly Executive Team meeting notes.
o Assist Sr. Pastor with emails as needed.
o Purchase supplies for Sr. Pastor, church-wide events, and others as needed
o Coordinate staff and church leadership events as needed
o Manage Sr. Pastor’s receipts and submits them to IFR
o Serve as liaison between Sr. Pastor and deacons, committees, and ministry teams
o Assist Sr. Pastor with guest speaker reservations and speaking arrangements.
o Coordinate travel arrangements for Sr. Pastor.
o Responsible for annual SBCV meeting messenger registrations.
Assistance to Church and Staff:
o Schedule and facilitate all aspects of First Impression teams, including but not limited to: Hosts, Parking Crew, Café, and utilization of workflows for guest follow-up.
o Maintain church database and records for the status of guests, prospects, and members.
o Send letters of recommendation to churches when a member moves their membership.
o Record weekly all-staff meeting notes and distribute to staff.
o Serve as liaison between Sr. Pastor and participants of church events. (i.e., Family Dedication).
o Prepare annual church report to the SBCV.
o Manage office supplies, including but not limited to copier ink, copy paper, and maintenance
o Administrator over the HHBC Amazon Business Account.
o Authorized signer for CDC checking account
o Answer office phones as needed.
Assistance to Committees, Teams and Ministries:
o Coordinate baptisms via communication to candidates, pastors, team and facilities manager.
o Communicate with deacons on behalf of Sr. Pastor for scheduling of meetings, ordinations, and other responsibilities.
o Coordinate for/with deacon ministry teams as required to fulfill their responsibilities.
o Serve as the recording secretary of the Leadership Team responsible for communication, paperwork copies, recording and distribution of minutes to the team.
o Serve as the recording secretary of the Nominating Committee responsible for communication, upkeep of nominations, recording and distribution of minutes to the team.
o Serve as the recording secretary of the Cindy Meador Memorial Scholarship team responsible for communication, collecting scholarship forms, reporting available funds and recording and distribution of minutes to the team.
Assist with other responsibilities as assigned.
• Must be in agreement with the HHBC Constitution and By-Laws and sign the Church Membership Covenant.
• Must demonstrate the Staff Values of HHBC.
• Must bear witness to a clear testimony of salvation and biblical baptism.
• Must be committed to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, actively engaged in spiritual growth and discipleship with clear evidence of the Spirit in their life.
• Must be organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work efficiently and effectively in team situations as well as independently and demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to interact well with church members, staff, and volunteers with confidentiality and discernment.
• Must have experience in the necessary fields utilized in this position and capable of learning additional skills and systems as required (i.e., Microsoft Office, Outlook, Planning Center Resources, multi-line phone system).
• Must have a high school diploma and two years of paid experience in a related field.
• Business education/experience as well as experience in a church office and with SBCV ministries and its functions are preferred.
This position will need to manage phone calls, walk-in visits, and other interactions in a compassionate and graceful manner while maintaining regular responsibilities.