First Baptist is seeking to hire an associate minister to oversee the traditional worship and music ministry. They will lead our traditional worship and music orchestra, choir and team by developing, coordinating, and administering Spirit-led worship, excellent, engaging music & arts ministries, providing leadership and supervision of programs, musical and technical staff, and equipment.
The primary purpose of the Music Ministry of FBCW is to glorify God by proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and making disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus. This is done by enhancing the congregation’s sense of celebration in worship.
The Music Ministry of FBCW exists to lead our congregation in meaningful worship each week and to provide ministry outlets for those interested in music, drama, and the arts. Special programs and evangelistic events are designed to encourage the church and to reach our community and the world for Christ. These ministries help children, youth and adults grow in their musical and other artistic abilities in the service of God. The Music Ministry desires to help all grow in spiritual maturity and provide mission and ministry opportunities for every age group.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The individual filling this position must possess the following skills, abilities, and attitudes in order to perform in this position:
• SPIRITUAL MATURITY
o A vibrant relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ that evidences the fruit of the Spirit in daily living. Committed and baptized follower of Jesus Christ as Savior. Belief in and adherence to the Bible as God’s Holy Word. A growing theology and practice of Christ-centered worship.
• THEOLOGICALLY GROUNDED
o Able to articulate a theology of worship that demonstrates a solid grasp of historic principles and contemporary issues in Christian worship.
• WORSHIP EXPERIENCE AND MUSICAL TRAINING
o Musically gifted and trained to use instrumentation/choral singing in leading the worship service. Experience organizing traditional style worship. Multimedia development experience. Experience in mentoring and developing worship leadership and gifts in others. Understands music from a variety of genres and generations, with specific and emphasis on traditional music.
o The ability to provide leadership, development, and accountability to the Music Ministry. Willingness to delegate responsibility as needed. Ability to recruit others and lead. Lifelong learner in ministry trends and leadership. A leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a musical passion.
• TEACHING AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
o Ability to effectively attract, teach, train, relate and communicate with others in a gracious, biblical, relevant, wholesome and persuasive manner. Able to work collegially with musicians, artists, and other leaders, and pastorally with a diverse congregation.
• ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
o Good administrative skills with the ability to organize and give attention to detail. Adhere to organization doctrines, bylaws, policies, and procedures. Cooperate with Church, staff, and leaders. Be flexible and work well with others in a team setting.
• Leadership, shepherding, evangelism, teaching and discernment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to)
• The Music Minister is responsible for planning, conducting, and evaluating meaningful traditional worship services.
• Work with the Senior Pastor to learn his heart, passion for biblical worship at FBCW.
• Along with the Senior Pastor, direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of each worship service.
• Lead and coordinate choir, orchestra, handbells, soloists, musical specials or guests, instrumental groups, and other matters as needed/appropriate.
• Prepare the Order of Service.
• Lead congregational singing.
• Lead and work closely with the Media Team regarding all audio and visual needs.
• In conjunction with the Contemporary Worship Minister, work to oversee the planning and direction of annual Christmas/Easter presentations, and other special worship service events planned by the Senior Pastor. Help plan seasonal and special programs.
• Monitor the purchasing, maintenance, and replacement of all traditional music-related equipment, supplies, and instruments.
• Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion, and administration.
• Prepare an annual music budget for approval and administer the budget.
• Oversee all other aspects related to the traditional worship and music program.
• Work with Senior Pastor and pastoral staff by conducting and assisting in FBCW funerals, memorial, and special services.
Schedule and Compensation
To be determined ($50,000 - $60,000, some benefits)