SonRise @ Pembroke Manor Christian Church has the opportunity for a part-time worship leader. The church is located in Virginia Beach near Town Center and we offer services on both Saturday evening and on Sunday morning. We are open to discussion regarding a Sunday-only position.
The general duties of the worship leader include:
1. Enthusiastically lead the congregation in worship–introducing the songs and encouraging participation and worship.
2. Create a worship environment with opportunities for youth, children, and adults to get involved and participate in worship.
3. Coordinate, plan, and lead special musical events such as Christmas, Easter, and Vacation Bible School.
4. Coordinate and lead sound and video technicians, to include ensuring equipment is managed in a manner that reflects strong stewardship.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
1. Must be born again and agree with our church’s vision, goals, and statement of faith
2. Must have some leadership experience
3. Must have the ability to speak confidently in front of groups
4. Must be able to pass a criminal background check
5. Must possess strong skills in reading music, solid singing skills, confidence and competence in leading a group in music; playing an instrument is strongly preferred
6. Must work well with others and be able to thrive under the constructive criticism/evaluation of church leadership
For more information about SonRise, please visit our website at SonRiseVB.church.
$250 – $350 per week