- The worship pastor is responsible (supervised by the pastor) for all worship and music ministries of the church and the conduct of the regular worship service and special services as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the senior pastor and staff, plan and coordinate the flow of all worship and special services of Swift Creek Baptist Church, including transitions, introductions, cues, media, and special elements (e.g., Lord’s Supper, baptisms, parent/child dedications, etc.).
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary, which should include some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal. This includes leading the worship band, praise team, choir, and A/V team.
- Guide all aspects of the worship and music ministries of the church.
- Plan and oversee all creative elements within corporate worship services and church-wide special events.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry, including equipping and training team members through workshops, books, conferences, etc.
- Assist the other pastors in providing care to the congregation.
- Arrange and provide music for weddings, funerals, special projects, seasonal productions, and other church related activities that are scheduled.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Supervise, develop, and train volunteers, and assist those individuals to reach their maximum potential through effective leadership, encouragement, and appreciation.
- Have relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Oversee and ensure maintenance and care of all equipment utilized.
- Evaluate and suggest equipment needs.
- Propose a detailed annual budget for each ministry area in accordance with church budgeting procedures and guidelines.
- Must possess a heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Master’s degree or higher
- 2-5 years of experience
Commensurate with experience and education