Hopeful Baptist Church has an immediate opening for a part-time Youth Minister. In partnership with their parents and families, the Youth Minister of Hopeful Baptist Church will lead the development of biblical content, activities, and plans for middle/high school students and college-age young adults. A significant aspect of leading in these key ministry areas will include the mentoring, shepherding, and guiding of volunteers and ministry team leaders. He or she will define an overarching purpose and develop strategies to attain the goals. All age groups should be working toward the common goals of evangelism, discipleship, and connection to the church. Interested individuals can request a position description by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Share the Bible as the absolute truth with young people 6th grade – college-age young adults.
• Engage the youth of the church in studying/teaching/spreading the Word of God.
• Work in partnership with the youth, their parents, and church leaders in developing their spiritual well-being.
• Initiate and grow community outreach.
• Teach Sunday School.
• Attend and participate in worship services.
• Coordinate or teach Children’s Church (ages 4- 7) during the worship service.
• Conduct Bible Study at least one evening each week.
• Engage in community outreach.
Commensurate with 15+ hours/week schedule