Fork Baptist Church (Fork Church) exists to glorify God alone through life transformation in Jesus Christ as we reach people with the gospel, build them up into the church and send them out into the world to disciple others. Fork Church is located in rural Southwest Virginia (1.5 hours from Lynchburg, VA & Raleigh, NC) with numerous opportunities for gospel engagement and kingdom advancement. We have people driving 30 to 40 minutes & some 5 minutes, but praise the Lord we are a growing church. We have lots of children and a strong youth group with average attendance in the 20 plus range -a solid youth pastor could really grow into 40s and beyond. We recently hired a Director of Children Ministries due to growth as well.
Fork Church is currently seeking a full-time Youth Pastor (Music & Technology is a plus) to join the church and serve the Lord on a team that seeks to glorify God and honor Him in all things. Fork Church is a congregation committed to the gospel of grace and the inerrant Word of God proclaimed weekly in an expository verse by verse way.
• Model a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ through personal Bible Study/devotions, character, and stewardship.
• Affirm the Bible as the final authority for all faith and practice.
• Must have a genuine and sincere love for God, His Word and God’s people.
• Must be faithful, available and teachable with a humble heart before God and man.
• Must be both lovingly assertive and gracious in communication.
• Able to creatively and effectively teach God’s Word to church members of all ages and backgrounds.
• Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture for the youth and music ministries.
• Able to mentor and disciple others with wisdom and grace.
• Possesses people skills that honor the Lord and display the fruit of the Spirit.
• Commitment to lifelong spiritual integrity and ministerial excellence (must have a passion for the work God has called you to.)
• Commitment to the communities surrounding Fork Church
• Must be in agreement with Fork Church’s vision and mission.
• Facilitate corporate worship through congregational singing and the praise of God through song and music leadership.
• Plan and help lead rehearsals for all teams involved in Fork Music Ministries
• Oversee the church’s tech/web ministry, social media and website.
• Set up presentation software for each service and ensure volunteers are communicated with regularly.
• Set annual goals for the Student Ministry and the Music Ministry that are in line with Forks vision and mission.
• Annually prepare in conjunction with elder leadership a budget for students and music ministries.
• Coordinate an effective Word based ministry to youth and their parents.
• Give direction and leadership to youth volunteers that will encourage them and utilize their gifts in the process.
• Recruit and train leadership for and within the youth ministry.
• Work with the youth leadership team (students) in planning of events and ideas for outreach etc.
• Give oversight to Sunday morning youth Bible Study and the Youth mid-week study and ability to teach.
• Organize and plan monthly, semi annual and annual events for youth to serve, participate, fellowship and grow in their knowledge of who God is and how they can grow and walk with God for a lifetime.
• Establish and execute a long range vision for how the church will continue to engage youth and their families
• Must be a faithful follower of Christ Jesus, saved by grace with a clear understanding of the gospel.
• Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate the gospel
• Must be able to clearly express a call to pastoral ministry.
• If married, candidate will love His wife as Christ loved the church.
• If married, candidate’s spouse must affirm God’s call on her husband and be in agreement with this call to serve the church.
• Bachelor’s degree. Seminary degree highly preferred as this position will also have opportunity to preach.
• Must be able to delegate responsibilities when necessary.
• Attend all scheduled staff meetings and other leadership team meetings, and maintain appropriate office hours in conjunction with the Pastor.
• Must possess the ability to work on a team and under the leadership of the pastor and the church elders.
• Must be both flexible and adaptable to new and varying situations.
• Must possess a servants heart and the heart of a shepherd.
• Meet the requirements of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
Send resume and videos to email@example.com
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Ken Warfield
This is a full-time position (40+ hours per week). Salary will be based on qualifications and experience ($35,000-$45,000 plus benefits).