JONATHAN & AMBER SPALLINO
Jonathan is the church planter of Mercy Hill Church in Washington, DC.
About Mercy Hill Church:
Jonathan is the lead pastor for Mercy Hill Church (MHC) in Southwest Waterfront, Washington DC. The Spallinos moved to Southwest DC in August 2016 to begin laying the foundation of MHC by hosting a weekly Bible study, serving the community, and working hard to raise support. Southwest DC is a tough neighborhood in which to plant due to its history of antagonism towards evangelical Christians; the polarity of race relations; and the ever-changing landscape of the community. Despite these factors, God has lifted MHC as a beacon of light and hope in the neighborhood by giving the church favor amongst the community and its leaders. In July 2017, Jonathan was asked to serve as a clergy ambassador of DC to spearhead the issue of race relations from a Christian perspective in DC. In September 2017, MHC held its first public service where many de-churched and unbelievers attended. Currently, MHC is the only evangelical Christian church in SW DC. MHC exists to develop disciples who worship God passionately, love one another deeply, and serve their world boldly. They meet on Sundays at 5:00 PM.
Ways to Partner:
You can partner with the Spallinos through the following:
- Prayer – Email Jon@MercyHillDC.com to receive prayer updates.
- Finances – We are seeking partnerships that can give financially to the work of Mercy Hill Church in Washington, DC.
- Teams – We have ample opportunities for churches to come with student and adult teams. We will work with you to customize your missions experiences with us.
- For God’s provision as we raise support
- For the people of Southwest Waterfront and their receptivity to the Gospel message
- For the growth of the Mercy Hill Church core team
60 I Street SW
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (540) 604-1691