The SBCV Media Trailer is provided through the generous support of the SBCV churches who give to the Vision Virginia State Missions Offering. It is designed to engage people visually and audibly through a variety of media formats. The trailer contains all that you need to show a DVD, project from a computer, make public announcements, play music from a phone/computer/tablet, amplify an instrument such as a keyboard or guitar. With a little creativity it can be a flexible tool for ministry at:
- Tailgate party/outreach
- Fall Harvest parties
- Disaster response
- Community outreach events
- Game booth at a carnival
- Ministry fair
- Mobile Gaming Station (think Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart – b.y.o. Game System.)
- Probably a few other things we haven’t even considered yet!
Specifically, the Media Trailer contains the following items:
- A Vizio 65 inch HDTV, permanently mounted inside the trailer, which becomes viewable when the right side (passenger-side) door of the trailer is lifted up. The TV is hooked up so that whatever is played on the TV, can also be heard through the sound system.
- 1200 watt P.A./Sound system with 8 channels
- 200 watt, weatherproof speakers which can be mounted on the side of the trailer, adjacent to the side which opens for viewing the TV.
- A handheld microphone and cable
- DVD player
- A “lightning” adapter for connecting an iPhone or iPad for audio playback.
- A headphone adapter for connecting audio to the PA system through a headphone jack.
- A four-tier literature rack permanently mounted to the left of the TV (see photo).
- Approximately 100’ of heavy gauge extension cords.
- USB power access capable of powering multiple mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, mobile hotspots, etc.
- Power-strip for plugging in other electronics
- HDMI cable approximately 3’ long
The trailer is located in Forest, VA. To transport the trailer, you need a standard 2” ball hitch and a 4-way flat signal connector.
Q: How do I reserve the trailer?
Q: Where do I get the trailer?
A: The trailer is located in Forest, VA. When you reserve the trailer, the address for pickup will be provided with confirmation of your reservation. The trailer needs to be returned to precisely the same location where it was picked up unless other arrangements are agreed upon in advance.
Q: What about insurance?
A: While being transported, the trailer falls under the insurance of the vehicle that is being used to transport the trailer. While being used, it falls under the insurance of the organization using it. While being stored, the trailer falls under the insurance of the organization storing it.
Q: How much does it cost to rent it?
A: The trailer is paid for with funds from the Vision Virginia State Missions Offering. Please consider participating in the week of prayer and offering by going to www.sbcv.org/visionvirginia. There is no rental fee for using the trailer.