The SBCV is looking for a part-time (20 hours a week) administrative assistant to join our Missions and Ministry Support Teams. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is ministry focused and driven. We are looking for a candidate with strong administrative skills and the ability to multi-task as he/she assists with multiple ministries. This is an in-office position, located at our Ministry Support Center in Glen Allen, VA.
- Assist Missions Strategist as requested.
- Assist with planning and implementation of on- and off-site events.
- Assist with the coordination of state events and meetings, including communication with speakers, event logistics, honorariums, etc. (on- and off-site events such as: Training Summits, ESL Trainings, and Compassion Ministry events).
- Prepare and organize Annie Armstrong, Lottie Moon, and Vision Virginia mailings.
- Purchase airfare and/or travel insurance for SBCV partnership mission and vision trips.
- Proof drafts of mailer and website content for Compassion Ministries and Mission Projects. Provide reminders of deadlines.
- ESL: Create payment link, communicate with IFR to update webpage and Facebook page. Order teaching manuals for each training. Process reimbursements for trainers.
- Process quarterly Hunger Fund payments.
- Submit and process expense reports on behalf of team.
- Attend and record minutes for team meetings.
- Serve as a backup for receptionist.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet department needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn new web-based programs such as Constant Contact, Eventbrite, and Dropbox.
- Ability to learn basic website editing.
- A heart for ministry.
- The employee shall, as a condition of their employment with SBCV, acknowledge their acceptance of, and agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message and the SBCV’s statement of faith: “We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God, and is sufficient as our only infallible rule of faith and practice. We deny that other books are inspired by God in the same way as the Bible. The fundamental truths to which we are committed are expressed in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 with the clarification of inerrancy as described.”
- Unite hearts with SBCV/IFR staff to serve God in attracting and winning people to Christ and together build fully devoted followers of Him.
- Approach work in such a way as to inspire colleagues toward higher levels of personal Christian commitment, witness, and ministry.
- Clear background and credit check prior to hiring and every five years after employment.
How to Apply
Résumé, along with a cover letter, should be sent to Human Resources at email@example.com.