Internship Grants for Churches
Partial Scholarships may be available to SBCV Churches who host an intern. The Intern Grant Program is made possible through contributions from SBCV churches to the annual Vision Virginia State Missions Offering, therefore funds are limited and will be distributed based on the priority of need and are not guaranteed.
SBCV Intern Scholarship applications will only be accepted if submitted within the deadlines of the year to which they apply. The application deadline for a summer intern is March 1.
2019 Summer Scholarship Program Information
- to strengthen local SBC of Virginia churches
- to equip future leaders in ministry
Requirements for interns:
- Interns must be young adults, at least one year past high school graduation, with a heart for ministry.
- Interns are to develop, lead and/or participate in the ongoing weekly programs of the church throughout their internship.
- Interns are encouraged to develop and multiply leaders that will continue the ministry once the internship is complete.
- Interns must attend Intern Orientation provided by the SBC of Virginia. Date and location to be announced.
- Interns are required to serve at one SBC of Virginia event as needed. Usually the intern can choose from one of several dates, but this is not guaranteed.
- Applications can be completed at the link above.
- The application deadline is March 1.
- The scholarship is a maximum amount of $1,500 (see church requirements below).
- Funds are limited and will be distributed based on the priority of need and are not guaranteed.
- Priority will be given to churches with no existing interns.
- Priority will also be given to churches who give to Vision Virginia State Mission Offering.
- The intern scholarships can be used for any ministry of the local church.
Responsibilities of participating churches:
- If accepted, the church is responsible for finding/interviewing/hiring summer intern. SBCV will send profiles of potential candidates to churches.
- The church must provide a job description and regular oversight/mentorship of the intern.
- The church is expected to pay $1000 to the intern, in addition to SBCV scholarship funding.
- The church must provide lodging/host home for the intern.
- The church must reimburse the intern for all ministry-related expenses, including mileage.
- The church must complete and submit a detailed activity report at midterm and conclusion of internship.
- Churches will be notified if their application is accepted or declined within 2 weeks of the application deadline.
Download the PDF for objectives, requirements and eligibility on the Summer Scholarship Program.
LOOKING FOR INTERN PROFILES?
If you need assistance in finding an intern, you can request Intern Profiles from Leigh Ann Grubbs.
Stay In Touch!
A monthly email from us
Your browser is out of date.
While your browser is out of date the SBCV website will not appear as intended. Some information may not be available to you. Please upgrade your internet explorer version to 9 or above.