Innovative Faith Resources is looking for a part-time (up to 28 hours a week) bookkeeper to join our Innovative Faith Resources, Financial Services Team. We are looking for a skilled bookkeeper to maintain and manage the financial transactions, records, and reporting for multiple church accounts. You will need to bring a disciplined and detail-oriented focus as a remote employee providing our churches with a high standard of support and service.
What you’ll do:
- Complete bookkeeping duties for participating churches
- Contribution entry by donor and deposits
- Process accounts receivable/payable accounts including bill pay/ACH entries in Quickbooks Online
- Credit/prepaid card and bank reconciliations
- Fund transfers and journal entries
- Producing accurate monthly financial reports
- Complete payroll duties for participating churches
- Collection of new hire or change forms
- Maintenance of payroll employee tracking list
- Accurate recording of payroll debits in Quickbooks Online
- Respond to church questions and inquiries within 24 hours on business days.
- Provide resources on best practices for basic church internal controls.
- Assist in maintenance of electronic records for participating churches and department.
- Handle year-end responsibilities (i.e., donor statements, chart of account changes, budget entries, 1099 reporting, payroll adjustments/bonuses, and payroll new year changes).
- Assist with training of new bookkeepers or team training in areas of expertise.
- Serve as backup for team members and assist with other departmental tasks as needed.
- Attend mandatory in-person and video meetings.
- Strong bookkeeping skills with a minimum of 1 year experience
- Ability to perform effectively in a remote work setting
- Ability to support multiple churches with strong attention to detail
- Ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF editing, and Outlook
- Experience with QuickBooks Online required
- Experience with payroll preferred
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Ability to establish a secure and professional workspace in home with high-speed internet capability
- A heart for ministry
- Shall, as a condition of their employment with SBCV, acknowledge their acceptance of, and agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message and the SBCV’s statement of faith: “We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God, and is sufficient as our only infallible rule of faith and practice. We deny that other books are inspired by God in the same way as the Bible. The fundamental truths to which we are committed are expressed in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 with the clarification of inerrancy as described.”
- Unite hearts with SBCV/IFR staff to serve God in attracting and winning people to Christ and together build fully devoted followers of Him.
- Approach work in such a way as to inspire colleagues toward higher levels of personal Christian commitment, witness, and ministry.
- Clear background and credit check prior to hiring and every five years after employment.