Serve alongside the Elder Team to pursue the vision of a Family Equipping Model of Family Ministry as well as serving in Member Care and teaching. Provide assistance to the Elder Team in caring for the members of Bethany Place Baptist Church by praying for, visiting, and calling church members regularly. Implement the Family Equipping Model of Family Ministry to (TIE) Train, Involve, and Equip parents to be the primary disciple makers of their children and to guide the entire church body to adopt “spiritual orphans” (those without a believing parent.)
1. Take the lead with the support of the Elders to shepherd families with children or grandchildren from birth through high school.
2. Develop and oversee teams deemed necessary in cooperation with the Elders for the leadership of all ministry to families with children from birth through high school.
3. Develop a strategy with the relevant ministry teams for reaching spiritual orphans and their families.
4. See that administrative polices such as the volunteer screening and background checks are followed through with all preschool and school age program volunteers.
5. Equip and utilize other church members to aid and assist in Family Ministries.
6. Ability to plan events utilizing the gifts and abilities of these ministry teams.
Must meet the biblical qualifications for overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, If married, his relationship with his spouse must exemplify Christlikeness as a role model. Must possess and demonstrate an ability and heart to teach, relate to and mentor people of various age groups and life circumstances, oversee various ministries, and equip others for ministry. He must be able to work without direct supervision and be able to balance work and home life. He must demonstrate belief in the sufficiency of Scripture over the ingenuity of man.
• Must fully adhere to and support the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
• Must be able to work well with Elders, Deacons, Staff, Ministry Leaders, Members, and outside organizations.
• Education: Preferred: Master of Divinity from an SBC institution, with certifications in family ministry, youth ministry, children’s ministry.
• Experience: Preferred 3 years of ministry leadership in the relevant fields.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
Competitive, depending on experience